Insurance for retirement villages

New forms and changes to legislation

Amendments to retirement village legislation will commence on 1 February 2019.

See the new forms that will apply and prepare for the changes.

As the operator, you must insure the retirement village to full replacement value, including any accommodation units that are not owned by residents and the communal facilities.

Insurance must cover damage, public liability, the cost of restoring buildings to previous condition and the cost of removing debris.

For more information regarding your insurance obligations, refer to sections 109 and 110 of the Retirement Villages Act 1999.


General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)