Insurance for retirement villages

As the operator, you must insure the retirement village to full replacement value, including any accommodation units that are not owned by residents and the communal facilities.

Insurance must cover damage, public liability, the cost of restoring buildings to previous condition and the cost of removing debris.

Read our regulatory guideline for specific advice on insurance excess payments for operators.

For more information regarding your insurance obligations, refer to sections 109 and 110 of the Retirement Villages Act 1999.