Regulatory guidelines for state regulated accommodation services
Some private accommodation services' operations in Queensland are governed by legislation. A regulatory guideline gives practical guidance to help operators comply with the legislative requirements for their business.
The aim of these regulatory guidelines is to:
- help regulated accommodation providers to self-regulate by explaining Regulatory Services' expectations about how providers can comply with legislative requirements
- promote industry compliance and best practice improvements by clarifying legislative requirements
- provide step-by-step guidance and examples of how a regulated operator can meet their obligations under a specific part of legislation
- explain how and when Regulatory Services will exercise specific enforcement powers under legislation and what penalties may apply for non-compliance.
Regulatory guidelines are designed to complement existing legislation and provide certainty for operators and residents but should not be relied upon as legal or financial advice.
Regulated under the Retirement Villages Act 1999.
- How to calculate the percentage of proportionate costs for selling a right to reside and sharing ongoing resident fees after termination (PDF, 288KB).
This guideline helps retirement village operators correctly calculate the percentage of costs payable by the operator and the former resident after termination for 2 situations:
- fees that former residents are required to pay after termination
- for the costs of the operator selling a right to reside in a retirement village.
- Insurance excess payments (PDF, 278KB)
Provides guidance on which retirement village fund an operator should pay from when making an excess payment for a claim on an insurance policy for damage or loss of retirement village property.
- Costs of sale (PDF, 527KB)
Provides guidance about the costs an operator can charge a former resident when reselling their unit.
- Exit entitlement statements (PDF, 529KB)
Provides guidance about what information should be included in an exit entitlement statement.
Regulated under the Residential Services (Accreditation) Act 2002.
Residential parks with manufactured homes
Regulated under the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003.