Take our survey to help us provide the best possible support to your small business during COVID-19 and beyond.
Using gas at outdoor public events
This information will assist organisers of outdoor public events (commercial or fundraising) where gas appliances, LP gas cylinders and gas systems are being utilised.
Examples of outdoor public events include:
- entertainment events
- fundraising activities.
Outdoor public event organisers and vendors must make sure:
- any gas system is installed by an appropriately licensed person
- all portable and mobile gas appliances are used in line with the manufacturer's instructions
- the storage and handling of LP gas cylinders is conducted in a safe manner.
Guideline and checklist
Read the Guideline for managing gas safety at public events (PDF, 158KB) to identify your responsibilities if you are organising or managing an outdoor public event.
Use the LPG gas safety checklist for outdoor events if you are organising small or one-off events.
- Learn more about petroleum and gas legislative requirements, standards and codes.
- Last reviewed: 25 Oct 2018
- Last updated: 25 Oct 2018