Leading renewable energy businesses and projects in Queensland
Many Australian and international companies have started operating in Queensland so that they can be involved in the renewable energy projects underway in the region.
- RPG - one of Australia's leading integrated steel profilers and steel processing companies, and Australia's largest integrated wind tower manufacturer
- Ecokinetics - assembles photovoltaic modules and manufactures mounting kits
- ECOtality - a global leader in electric vehicles. This Unites States company has its Australian headquarters in Queensland.
- AREVA and CS Energy - these organisations partnered to provide the solar thermal addition for a $98 million solar thermal boost facility
- Solar Farm at Hervey Bay - the Queensland Government is investing $4 million to help the Hervey Bay community build Queensland's first Community Solar Farm. Solar power will also be installed at Queensland Health facilities in Hervey Bay.