COVID-19 alert: Read about changed restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 6pm, Monday 11 January.
Supplier economic targets and commitments
When procuring goods and services, the Queensland Government prioritises local companies that employ locals, particularly those that:
- have a local factory or office
- buy Queensland goods and services.
Therefore, you may need to meet economic requirements in your tender.
Consider these questions when demonstrating how your company's work is good for the local economy:
- Are you a local supplier?
- Do you engage local employees?
- Do you employ local apprentices or trainees?
- Do you use local businesses or contractors?
- Do you use local Aboriginal businesses or Torres Strait Islander businesses?
- Do you have a back to work program to assist long-term unemployed and youth unemployment?
When you complete your tender:
- Make sure you include what you're already doing or what you can commit to.
- If you choose to commit to an initiative, outline these plans in your tender response.
- Have evidence of your current or planned contribution, as we may request it.
Watch our video for more information: