About supplying to Queensland Government
The Queensland Government spends billions of dollars each year on goods and services, including construction.
To supply to us, you may need to meet certain criteria.
All suppliers must meet the Ethical Supplier Threshold.
Depending on your industry, you may also need certain qualifications, permits and insurance. Certain tenders require a minimum level of experience.
Government contracts are usually advertised through a tendering process—where the specifics of the goods or services are advertised and businesses are invited to submit applications.
- Find out how to tender for government.
- Look for upcoming procurement opportunities.
- Watch our top 10 tendering tips about how to find opportunities and tender for new work.
Special requirements for supplying
Some categories have special requirements or methods for supplying to us.
- building, construction and maintenance—may require prequalification
- social services—has a forward procurement schedule
- transport infrastructure—may require prequalification
- information and communications technology—may require accreditation to supply.
Queensland Government payments to small businesses
If your small business supplies goods or services to the Queensland Government, our On-time Payment Policy (formerly the Late Payment Policy) will benefit you.
From 1 July 2020, we reduced payment time frames for small business suppliers from 30 calendar days to 20 calendar days for eligible invoices of any value.
For eligible invoices, the Queensland Government will pay penalty interest to small business suppliers for all bills on contracts of any value paid after 20 calendar days. This only applies to correctly rendered undisputed invoices.
Register your details on the On-time payment small business register so that your small business can be paid within 20 calendar days.
- Read about your requirements under the Ethical Supplier Mandate.
- Subscribe to the Buy Queensland newsletter for suppliers and industry.
- Learn how to make a complaint about a tender process.
- Browse the Queensland Contracts Directory for a list of existing government supply arrangements.
- View our webinar on procurement for government contracts for information about the tendering process and how to write a competitive bid.
- Last reviewed: 1 Jul 2021
- Last updated: 15 May 2023