About supplying to Queensland Government
The Queensland Government spends billions of dollars each year on goods and services, including construction.
To supply to us, you may need to meet certain criteria.
From 1 August 2019, all suppliers must meet the Ethical Supplier Threshold.
Depending on your industry, you may also need certain qualifications, permits and insurance. Certain tenders require a minimum level of experience.
Government contracts are usually advertised through a tendering process—where the specifics of the goods or services are advertised and businesses are invited to submit applications.
- Find out how to tender for government.
- Look for upcoming procurement opportunities.
- Watch our top 10 tendering tips about how to find opportunities and tender for new work.
Special requirements for supplying
Some categories have special requirements or methods for supplying to us.
- building, construction and maintenance—may require prequalification
- social services—has a forward procurement schedule
- transport infrastructure—may require prequalification
- information and communications technology—may require accreditation to supply.
Queensland Government payments to small businesses
If your small business supplies goods or services to the Queensland Government, our On-time Payment Policy (formerly the Late Payment Policy) will benefit you.
For eligible invoices, the Queensland Government will pay penalty interest to small business suppliers for all bills on contracts up to $1 million paid greater than 30 calendar days. This only applies to correctly rendered undisputed tax invoices.
From 1 July 2020, we will reduce payment time frames for small business suppliers from 30 calendar days to 20 calendar days for eligible invoices of any value.
Register your details on the On-time payment small business register so that your small business can be paid within 20 calendar days from 1 July 2020.
- Last reviewed: 12 Jul 2019
- Last updated: 12 Feb 2020
I want to...
- Lean manufacturing simulation workshop - Rockhampton 03/03/2020
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Logan 12/03/2020