Annual returns and fees for an environmental authority
Use our forms and fees finder for information on applying for a new environmental authority (EA) or managing your existing EAs.
As the holder of an environmental authority (EA), you will be required to pay an ongoing annual fee for your EA. For some activities, you will also be required to submit an annual return.
Prior to the due date for both the annual fee and the annual return, the administering authority will issue you with a notice outlining these requirements. This notice will be sent at least 20 business days before the anniversary day for the EA (i.e. the day your EA took effect), and this notice will include details on where to pay your fees.
The annual return will be issued separately prior to the due date, which is:
- 1 March 2019, for EA holders with anniversaries in November and December 2018, and January and February 2019
- 1 March 2020, for EA holders with an anniversary date from March 2019 onwards.
Read more about annual fees for EAs.
- Find out how to change the anniversary day of an EA.
- Read more about the fee for changing the anniversary day (PDF, 404KB).
- Read more about the annual fees for environmentally relevant activities (ERAs) (PDF, 479KB).