Complying with an environmental authority
Use our forms and fees finder for information on applying for a new environmental authority (EA) or managing your existing EAs.
As the holder of an environmental authority (EA) in Queensland, you will need to meet certain requirements to comply with your EA. These requirements are in addition to the environmental obligations that everyone must comply with, and include:
- paying annual fees and submitting annual returns (except for mining activities related to a mining claim)
- complying with the conditions on your EA
- preparing a plan of operations for an EA relating to petroleum lease (for calculating estimated rehabilitation cost).
Your administering authority also has a range of compliance powers and tools that they can use in the event that a person or activity is not meeting their environmental obligations.
This guide explains what you will need to do to comply with your EA, and the various actions that your administering authority may take in the event of non-compliance.
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/04/2021
- Payroll tax: Contractor provisions 29/04/2021