COVID-19 alert: Read about eased restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 1am, Friday 22 January.
Environmental licences and permits
Licensing and permits for activities that could impact the environment. Includes important information about applying for environmental authorities.
Use our forms and fees finder for information on applying for a new environmental authority (EA) or managing your existing EAs.
The Environmental Protection and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2020 commenced on 20 August 2020. The Department's forms, guidance materials and web pages are currently being updated to reflect the changes to legislation.
Read more information about the changes on the Queensland Parliament website.
- Environmentally relevant activities
- Types of applications for a new environmental authority
- Activities suitable for standard applications
- Administering authority for environmental authorities
- Lodging your environmental authority application
- Technical information requirements for an environmental authority application
- Financial assurance for resource activities
- Financial Provisioning Scheme for resource activity environmental authorities
- Progressive rehabilitation and closure plan for mined land
- Financial assurance for prescribed activities
- Progressive certification for an environmental authority
- Residual risk payments for an environmental authority
- Last reviewed: 23 Jul 2019
- Last updated: 9 Sep 2020
I want to...
Read about new electronic record keeping requirements for hospitality businesses collecting customer details, starting Wednesday 23 December 2020.
Access information about financial support and what to do after a natural disaster.
If your small business supplies goods and services to Queensland Government, find out how you can benefit from the On-time Payment Policy.
Grants of up to $10,000 are still available to businesses across North Queensland to support long-term recovery from the 2019 floods.
Find support if your business has been affected by the impacts of coronavirus.