Environmental licences and permits
Licensing and permits for activities that could impact the environment. Includes important information about applying for environmental authorities.
Use our forms and fees finder for information on applying for a new environmental authority (EA) or managing your existing EAs.
The Environmental Protection and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2020 commenced on 20 August 2020. The Department's forms, guidance materials and web pages are currently being updated to reflect the changes to legislation.
Read more information about the changes on the Queensland Parliament website.
- Environmentally relevant activities
- Types of applications for a new environmental authority
- Activities suitable for standard applications
- Administering authority for environmental authorities
- Lodging your environmental authority application
- Technical information requirements for an environmental authority application
- Financial assurance for resource activities
- Financial Provisioning Scheme for resource activity environmental authorities
- Progressive rehabilitation and closure plan for mined land
- Financial assurance for prescribed activities
- Progressive certification for an environmental authority
- Residual risk payments for an environmental authority
- Last reviewed: 16 Aug 2021
- Last updated: 16 Aug 2021
I want to...
Develop your personalised report to find out how ready your business is for change and how you can improve your resilience.
Find the licences and permits you need to start a residential construction or food and beverage business in Queensland.
We are proposing to expand the ban on single-use plastic items. Tell us what you think about expanding the ban to include other items.