Surrendering or suspending an environmental authority

Use our forms and fees finder for information on applying for a new environmental authority (EA) or managing your existing EAs.

If you hold an environmental authority (EA) in Queensland, you can apply to surrender (end) or suspend your EA at any time during the life of the activity. In certain circumstances the administering authority may also require you to make a surrender application, for example if your resource tenure is cancelled.

If your activity operates intermittently, you may be able to suspend your EA (and fee payments) while the activity is not operating. For example, a larger farming operation may want to suspend feedlot activities for a number of years due to unfavourable market conditions.

This guide explains the process for surrendering or suspending EAs administered by the Department of Environment, Science and Innovation or Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.

If your EA is administered by your local government, contact your local government for application forms, fees and requirements.