Changing service providers or associates of an existing residential service

Becoming a service provider of an existing residential service

A service provider is the person operating the residential service. A change occurs when:

  • the residential service is sold
  • a new service provider joins with the current service provider
  • there are a number of service providers and one is no longer involved in the operation of the residential service.

When a change occurs you need to:

If you take over the operation of a residential service, officers from the Residential Services Unit will arrange to meet with you to review how you propose to manage the residential service.

The Residential Services Unit should be contacted if a service provider involved in the operation of the residential service dies.

Changing an associate of an existing residential service

An associate is described as an Executive Officer of the Corporation listed as the service provider or an individual who manages the service on behalf of the service provider and makes business decisions on their behalf.

To add a new associate you should:

You need to provide documentation to the Residential Services Unit to remove an associate who no longer works for you. The documentation can be a letter, email or fax. It must contain the name of the associate who no longer works for you and/or the address of the residential service. A registered service provider must sign the documentation.

Other changes that affect the continued registration of your residential service may include:

  • renovations or significant damage that results in the destruction of your registered premises
  • addition of premises to your existing registration
  • changes to the criminal history of your service provider or associate.

You can contact the Residential Services Unit on (07) 3008 3450 for more information if any of these circumstances apply to you.

Changing service providers and associates

If you are adding or changing an associate as well as the service provider, you should complete an application to become a registered service provider of a currently registered residential service.

You can find information about how to register as the new service provider of an existing service, including the fees and what documentation you need on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) website.

Applications for registration will be processed in approximately 4-6 weeks. It will take longer if you do not fill out all the relevant information or if you do not pay the fees.

If you need more information about changing service providers or associates of an existing service you can:

Also consider...