Research in Queensland is supported by some of the best research facilities in the Southern Hemisphere.
Current research infrastructure
Queensland's research infrastructure has helped make the state a centre of excellence for science and technology. These facilities include precincts such as:
- Queensland Biosciences Precinct (St Lucia, Brisbane)
- Ecosciences Precinct (Dutton Park, Brisbane)
- Health and Food Sciences Precinct (Coopers Plains, Brisbane)
- Australian Tropical Sciences and Innovation Precinct (Townsville, North Queensland)
- Creative Industries Precinct (Kelvin Grove, Brisbane)
- Translational Research Institute (Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Brisbane).
Find over 300 research centres across the state on the Queensland science capability directory.