The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Research in Queensland is supported by some of the best research facilities in the Southern Hemisphere.
Current research infrastructure
Queensland's research infrastructure has helped make the state a centre of excellence for science and technology. These facilities include precincts such as:
- Queensland Biosciences Precinct (St Lucia, Brisbane)
- Ecosciences Precinct (Dutton Park, Brisbane)
- Health and Food Sciences Precinct (Coopers Plains, Brisbane)
- Australian Tropical Sciences and Innovation Precinct (Townsville, North Queensland)
- Creative Industries Precinct (Kelvin Grove, Brisbane)
- Translational Research Institute (Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Brisbane).