COVID-19 alert: Read about changed restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 6pm, Monday 11 January.
Research in Queensland is supported by some of the best research facilities in the Southern Hemisphere.
Current research infrastructure
Queensland's research infrastructure has helped make the state a centre of excellence for science and technology. These facilities include precincts such as:
- Queensland Biosciences Precinct (St Lucia, Brisbane)
- Ecosciences Precinct (Dutton Park, Brisbane)
- Health and Food Sciences Precinct (Coopers Plains, Brisbane)
- Australian Tropical Sciences and Innovation Precinct (Townsville, North Queensland)
- Creative Industries Precinct (Kelvin Grove, Brisbane)
- Translational Research Institute (Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Brisbane).