Commercial Activity Permits for protected areas, recreation areas and forests
To conduct business or fundraising activities in a national park or other protected area, you must apply for a Commercial Activity Permit (CAP).
CAPs are legally required if you want to operate in the following types of protected areas in Queensland:
- state forests and forest reserves including plantation forests
- national parks
- conservation parks
- resources reserves
- recreation areas, including
- Moreton Island Recreation Area
- Minjerribah Recreation Area
- Bribie Island Recreation Area
- Fraser Island Recreation Area
- Inskip Peninsula Recreation Area
- Cooloola Recreation Area
- Green Island Recreation Area.
Commercial permissions also apply to marine parks. Learn more about marine park permits.
This guide explains how to apply for a CAP, and what you need to do to comply once you have a permit or agreement.