Operating in a protected area, recreation area or forest
Learn how to apply for a Commercial Activity Permit (CAP) for Queensland's national parks, conservation parks, resources reserves, recreation areas and forests.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Queensland tourism operators
All Queensland national parks, state forests and recreation area camping areas are closed as at 26 March 2020.
Queensland tourism operators that conduct business on Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service-managed areas may be eligible for support as part of the Queensland Government's Immediate Industry Recovery Package, introduced to help mitigate the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Find out more about commercial tourism operator support.
Contact the Department of Environment and Science to discuss how the closures may affect your operations in these parks.
- Permit requirements for protected areas, recreation areas and forests
- Applying for a Commercial Activity Permit
- Complying with Commercial Activity Permit conditions
- Renewing a Commercial Activity Permit
- Changing or transferring a Commercial Activity Permit
- Applying for review of a Commercial Activity Permit decision
- Last reviewed: 01 Aug 2019
- Last updated: 26 Mar 2020
I want to...
Find support for commercial tour operators working on Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service-managed areas.