Operating in a protected area, recreation area or forest
Learn how to apply for a Commercial Activity Permit (CAP) for Queensland's national parks, conservation parks, resources reserves, recreation areas and forests.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Queensland tourism operators
Queensland national park and State forest sites that were closed due to COVID-19 are now open, with some restrictions in place. Book camping and vehicle access permits online.
Queensland tourism operators that conduct business on Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service-managed areas may be eligible for financial support. Find out more about commercial tourism operator support.
Contact the Department of Environment and Science to discuss how these changes may affect your business.
- Permit requirements for protected areas, recreation areas and forests
- Applying for a Commercial Activity Permit
- Complying with Commercial Activity Permit conditions
- Renewing a Commercial Activity Permit
- Changing or transferring a Commercial Activity Permit
- Applying for review of a Commercial Activity Permit decision
- Last reviewed: 1 Aug 2019
- Last updated: 15 Jun 2020
I want to...
Find support and assistance for commercial tour operators affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) working on Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service-managed