Learn about Queensland's $25 billion tourism industry and the tools, support programs, market profiles and start-up guides for tourism businesses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for Queensland tourism operators
Relief for Queensland tourism businesses includes:
- stage 2 easing of business restrictions from 12 noon, 1 June 2020
- waiving application fees for some variations to liquor licences
- waiving registration renewal fees for inbound tour operators
- waiving of daily fees for commercial activity agreements and permits
- rebate on marina charges and passenger levies (PDF, 227KB) for Cairns and Green Island
- waiver and deferral of tourism lease rent payments
- waiving Great Barrier Reef Marine Park permit application assessment fees in some instances
- a rental relief package for port businesses across Far North Queensland
- a $1 billion COVID-19 relief and recovery fund for exhibiting zoos and aquariums.
- Last reviewed: 27 Mar 2018
- Last updated: 31 May 2020
I want to...
Find support for commercial tour operators working on Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service-managed areas.