Learn about Queensland's $25 billion tourism industry and the tools, support programs, market profiles and start-up guides for tourism businesses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for Queensland tourism operators
Support, advice and resources for Queensland tourism businesses:
- stage 3 easing of business restrictions from 12 noon, Friday 3 July 2020
- Queensland tourism COVID safe planning resources
- waiving application fees for some variations to liquor licences
- waiving registration renewal fees for inbound tour operators
- waiving fees for commercial activity agreements and permits and commercial whale watching
- rebate on marina charges and passenger levies (PDF, 227KB) for Cairns and Green Island
- waiver and deferral of tourism lease rent payments
- waiving Great Barrier Reef Marine Park permit application assessment fees in some instances
- rental relief package for port businesses across Far North Queensland
- $1 billion COVID-19 relief and recovery fund for exhibiting zoos and aquariums
- $15 million aviation route support to 15 Queensland airports to secure new domestic flights.
- Last reviewed: 27 Mar 2018
- Last updated: 5 Aug 2020
I want to...
Find support for commercial tour operators affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) working on Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service-managed areas.