Funding and support for tourism
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for Queensland tourism operators
Support, advice and resources for Queensland tourism businesses:
- stage 2 easing of business restrictions from 12 noon, 1 June 2020
- stage 2 Queensland tourism COVID Safe planning resources
- waiving application fees for some variations to liquor licences
- waiving registration renewal fees for inbound tour operators
- waiving of daily fees for commercial activity agreements and permits
- rebate on marina charges and passenger levies (PDF, 227KB) for Cairns and Green Island
- waiver and deferral of tourism lease rent payments
- waiving Great Barrier Reef Marine Park permit application assessment fees in some instances
- a rental relief package for port businesses across Far North Queensland
- a $1 billion COVID-19 relief and recovery fund for exhibiting zoos and aquariums.
- $15 million aviation route support to 15 Queensland airports to secure new domestic flights.
The Queensland Government offers a range of initiatives to support tourism businesses.
We have different programs to help you grow your business, develop quality products and services, and increase your market share.
Some of these programs are delivered through partners such as Tourism and Events Queensland and the Queensland Tourism Industry Council.
This guide explains what funding and support is available to help develop your tourism business.