Funding and support for tourism
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for tourism operators
- Tourism and hospitality sector hardship program – one-off grants of up to $50,000
- Support package for tourism and hospitality businesses impacted by recent COVID-19 lockdowns
- 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants for non-employing sole traders, employing small and medium businesses and not-for-profit organisations, and large employing tourism and hospitality businesses and not-for-profit organisations
- Free financial counselling service for tourism businesses
- Application fee waivers for some variations to liquor licences
- Registration renewal fee waivers for inbound tour operators
- Fee rebates for operators at Cairns Marlin Marina – contact Ports North for more information
- Assessment fee waivers for some Great Barrier Reef Marine Park permit applications
The Queensland Government offers a range of initiatives to support tourism businesses.
We have different programs to help you grow your business, develop quality products and services, and increase your market share.
Some of these programs are delivered through partners such as Tourism and Events Queensland and the Queensland Tourism Industry Council.
This guide explains what funding and support is available to help develop your tourism business.