Take our survey to help us provide the best possible support to your small business during COVID-19 and beyond.
Grants and funding for tourism businesses
On 1 April 2020, the Australian Government announced an increase in funding for the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme. Allowing exporters and tourism businesses to get additional reimbursements for costs incurred in marketing their products and services around the world.
The tourism industry is supported by a range of assistance programs. These programs focus on developing the capability and capacity of businesses to grow, become resilient, and achieve the 2020 expenditure growth target.
Tourism industry grants
QTIC Grants Gateway - Queensland Tourism Industry Council
Information on relevant funding programs and grants for the tourism industry. Free for QTIC members. Non-members can purchase an annual subscription to access the Gateway.
The Queensland tourism and events grants guide – Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism & Events Queensland have developed this useful guide on how to become 'grant ready' with information and advice on accessing and applying for grants.
Queensland government grants
Small Business Digital Grants program provides matching funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) to eligible businesses to enhance the digital capabilities of their business, help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
The Mentoring for Growth (M4G) program offers access to volunteer business experts who can provide insights and options to address your business challenges and opportunities. M4G is currently being delivered online only and is available to Queensland businesses. Specialised sessions can be convened to assist businesses with investment readiness.
Use the Queensland Government grants and assistance finder to search for other support for your business.
Other business funding sources
- Learn how to find grants and other business support in Queensland.
- Find out how to prepare and apply for a grant.
- Read more about funding your business, planning your funding requirements, understanding types of finance available and choosing the best funding option.
- Learn about funding for innovation, including how to develop your business plan and identify available funding options.
- Find out how to prepare and write a grant application.
- Learn about the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) and other assistance offered by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission.
- Search the Australian Government's grants and programs tool to help find funding and assistance.
- Find out what support is available for Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people to access the skills, knowledge and resources required to start and grow viable and sustainable businesses.