Grants and funding for tourism businesses
The tourism industry is supported by a range of assistance programs. These programs focus on developing the capability and capacity of businesses to grow, become resilient, and achieve the 2020 expenditure growth target.
Tourism industry grants
QTIC Grants Gateway - Queensland Tourism Industry Council
Information on relevant funding programs and grants for the tourism industry. Free for QTIC members. Non-members can purchase an annual subscription to access the Gateway.
Accessible Tourism Infrastructure Grant
Grants between $25,000 and $500,000 (GST exclusive) are available for the development and/or enhancement of existing tourism infrastructure or products to develop more accessible visitor experiences and enhance accessibility for tourism workers.
Tourism investment programs
Tourism and Events Queensland event investment programs
Tourism & Events Queensland invests in and/or supports events in 3 major program groups; Queensland Destination Events Program, major events and business events.
Queensland government grants
Use the Queensland Government grants finder to search for other support for your business.
Learn more about finding grants and business support.
The Mentoring for Growth (M4G) program offers access to volunteer business experts who can provide insights and options to address your business challenges and opportunities. M4G is currently being delivered online only and is available to Queensland businesses. Specialised sessions can be convened to assist businesses with investment readiness.
Other business funding sources
- Learn how to find grants and other business support in Queensland.
- Find out how to prepare and apply for a grant.
- Read more about funding your business, planning your funding requirements, understanding types of finance available and choosing the best funding option.
- Learn about funding for innovation, including how to develop your business plan and identify available funding options.
The Queensland Tourism Business Financial Counselling Service provides free financial counselling support to help tourism operators who have been financially impacted as a result of the pandemic or a natural disaster.
- Find out how to prepare and write a grant application.
- Learn about the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) and other assistance offered by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission.
- Search the Australian Government's grants and programs tool to help find funding and assistance.
- Find out what support is available for Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people to access the skills, knowledge and resources required to start and grow viable and sustainable businesses.
- Last reviewed: 8 Dec 2020
- Last updated: 20 Dec 2021