Grants and funding for tourism businesses
The tourism industry is supported by a range of assistance programs. These programs focus on developing the capability and capacity of businesses to grow, become resilient, and achieve the 2020 expenditure growth target.
Take our Grow your tourism quiz to help narrow your search for resources, programs and services available for your business.
Queensland government grants
Small Business Digital Grants program provides matching funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) to eligible businesses to enhance the digital capabilities of their business, help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Small Business Entrepreneur Grants program provides matched funding up to $5,000 to eligible businesses (less than 20 employees) to engage a consultant, adviser or coach to help establish or develop your business.
Business Growth Fund program provides funding of up to $50,000 (excluding GST) to eligible businesses with less than 50 employees to purchase and implement highly specialised equipment or services. Successful applicants must provide a co-contribution of 25% to 50% of funding towards the total project cost.
Mentoring for Growth program assists business owners to overcome challenges by providing access to a panel of expert business mentors.
Ignite Ideas Fund supports start-ups and small to medium Queensland businesses to commercialise market ready innovative ideas that will help them grow and compete in a global market and create new jobs.
Business Development Fund provides co-investment of between $125,000 and $2.5 million to support commercialisation of cutting-edge research or innovative ideas.
Jobs and Regional Growth Fund provides financial assistance of $100,000 to over $10 million for private sector projects that create employment and economic growth opportunities in regional Queensland.
Back to Work program provides employer support payments ranging from $10,000 to $20,000 to employ job seekers.
Queensland Destination Events program administered by Tourism and Events Queensland provides funding for regional events of between $10,000 and $100,000.
Tourism industry grants
QTIC Grants Gateway - Queensland Tourism Industry Council
Information on relevant funding programs and grants for the tourism industry. Free for QTIC members. Non-members can purchase an annual subscription to access the Gateway.
The Grants Guide - Tourism & Events Queensland
Tourism & Events Queensland have developed this useful guide on how to become 'grant ready' with information and advice on accessing and applying for grants.
Other business funding sources
- Learn what government funding and business support is available to help you apply for grants, and use government services to help your business thrive.
- Read more about funding your business, planning your funding requirements, understanding types of finance available and choosing the best funding option.
- Learn about funding for innovation, including how to develop your business plan and identify available funding options.
- Search for Queensland Government grants and assistance programs for your business.
- Learn about the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) and other assistance offered by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission.
- Use the Australian Government's grants search tool to help you find funding and assistance.
- Find out what support is available for Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people to access the skills, knowledge and resources required to start and grow viable and sustainable businesses.