Grants and funding for tourism businesses
The tourism industry is supported by a range of assistance programs. These programs focus on developing the capability and capacity of businesses to grow, become resilient, and achieve the 2020 expenditure growth target.
Tourism industry grants
QTIC Grants Gateway - Queensland Tourism Industry Council
Information on relevant funding programs and grants for the tourism industry. Free for QTIC members. Non-members can purchase an annual subscription to access the Gateway.
The Grants Guide - Tourism & Events Queensland
Tourism & Events Queensland information and advice on accessing and applying for grants.
Queensland government grants
Small Business Entrepreneur Grants program provides matched funding up to $5,000 to eligible businesses (less than 20 employees) to engage a consultant, advisor or coach to help establish or develop your business.
Accelerate Small Business Grants program provides matched funding of up to $10,000 for small businesses that demonstrate high-growth and employment potential to engage an advisory board or independent advisor, for between 6–12 months. Applications are open continuously and assessed monthly.
Accelerate Indigenous Small Business Grants program provides grant funding of up to $20,000 to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander small businesses that demonstrate growth and employment aspirations to enable them to engage high-level expertise for their business.
Small Business Digital Grants program provides matching funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) to eligible businesses to enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Mentoring for Growth program assists business owners to overcome challenges by providing access to a panel of expert business mentors.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships program helps create partnerships with universities to exchange skills, ideas and inspire innovation. Apply for funding to employ a graduate to work on an innovative project.
Ignite Ideas Fund supports start-ups and small to medium Queensland businesses to commercialise market ready innovative ideas that will help them grow and compete in a global market and create new jobs.
Business Development Fund provides co-investment of between $125,000 and $2.5 million to support commercialisation of cutting-edge research or innovative ideas.
Jobs and Regional Growth Fund provides financial assistance of $100,000 to over $10 million for private sector projects that create employment and economic growth opportunities in regional Queensland.
Back to Work Employer Support Payment provides support ranging from $10,000 to $20,000 to employ job seekers.
Queensland Destination Events program administered by Tourism and Events Queensland provides funding for regional events of between $10,000 and $100,000.
Other business funding sources
- Learn what government funding and business support is available to help you apply for grants, and use government services to help your business thrive.
- Read more about funding your business, planning your funding requirements, understanding types of finance available and choosing the best funding option.
- Learn about funding for innovation, including how to develop your business plan and identify available funding options.
- Learn about the range of tourism grants and assistance programs offered by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission.
- Use the Australian Government's search tool to help you find grants and assistance.
- Find out how Indigenous Business Australia assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to access the skills, knowledge and resources required to start and grow viable and sustainable businesses.