Disaster support and assistance for tourism businesses
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for tourism operators
- Updates and support information from Tourism and Events Queensland
- Support package for tourism and hospitality businesses impacted by recet COVID-19 lockdowns
- Free financial counselling service for tourism businesses
- Application fee waivers for some variations to liquor licences
- Registration renewal fee waivers for inbound tour operators
- Fee rebates for operators at Cairns Marlin Marina – contact Ports North for more information
- Assessment fee waivers for some Great Barrier Reef Marine Park permit applications
The Queensland Government is committed to supporting the tourism industry prepare for and recover from natural disasters and the short and long-term effects they can have on businesses.
When a disaster event occurs, our immediate priority is to link businesses to recovery assistance and restore domestic and international visitor levels to Queensland. The long-term focus is on strengthening the Queensland brand and building business resilience and capability.
Financial assistance, including grants and concessional loans, may be available for affected tourism operators.
Learn more about Queensland natural disaster assistance.
Visit the Grants Finder to check what other grants are currently on offer and the eligibility criteria.
A range of resources is available to help you prepare your business for natural disasters.
Business risk management
Business continuity planning
Develop a practical business continuity plan for how you can prepare for, and continue to operate after, an incident or crisis.