Take our survey to help us provide the best possible support to your small business during COVID-19 and beyond.
Disaster support and assistance for tourism businesses
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for Queensland tourism operators
- COVID-19 International Tourism Adaptation Grant of up to $10,000
- Update to waiver and deferral of tourism lease rent payments from 1 October 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Waiving application fees for some variations to liquor licences
- Waiving registration renewal fees for inbound tour operators
- Waiving fees for commercial activity agreements and permits and commercial whale watching
- Fee rebates on marina charges, passenger levies and rents through Ports North
- Waiving Great Barrier Reef Marine Park permit application assessment fees in some instances
- Rental relief package for port businesses across Far North Queensland
- $15 million aviation route support to 15 Queensland airports to secure new domestic flights
- Marine tourism rebate of up to $20,000 for marine tourism vessel operators based in North Queensland.
The Queensland Government is committed to supporting the tourism industry prepare for and recover from natural disasters and the short and long-term effects they can have on businesses.
When a disaster event occurs, our immediate priority is to link businesses to recovery assistance and restore domestic and international visitor levels to Queensland. The long-term focus is on strengthening the Queensland brand and building business resilience and capability.
Financial assistance, including grants and concessional loans, may be available for affected tourism operators.
Learn more about Queensland natural disaster assistance.
Visit the Grants Finder to check what other grants are currently on offer and the eligibility criteria.
A range of resources is available to help you prepare your business for natural disasters.
Business risk management
Business continuity planning
Develop a practical business continuity plan for how you can prepare for, and continue to operate after, an incident or crisis.