Reporting requirements for recycled water providers
As a recycled water provider operating under an approved recycled water management plan (RWMP), you are obliged to regularly report to the Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water through:
- annual reports
- report on non-compliance with water quality criteria
- internal and regular audit reports.
As a provider, you must prepare annual reports if you supply:
- recycled water to augment a supply of drinking water
- recycled water under a dual reticulation scheme
- recycled water used to irrigate minimally processed food crops
- recycled water via a declared critical recycled water scheme.
You must publish annual reports on your website, as required in the Public reporting guideline for recycled water schemes (PDF, 385KB).
As a recycled water provider, you must keep a copy of the regular audit report, annual report and approved recycled water management plan report available for public inspection during business hours.
You should follow the instructions in the Annual reporting guideline for recycled water schemes (PDF, 425KB) for information about preparing annual reports.
The annual report must be published on your website, unless you have a reasonable explanation.
Non-compliance incident reporting
Once a RWMP has been approved, you (as a recycled water provider, scheme manager or declared entity) must immediately inform the department of:
- any non-compliance with the scheme's water quality criteria
- any event that may have an adverse effect on public health.
After the initial verbal notification, you must provide an initial notification within 24 hours of the becoming aware of the non-compliance.
Within 5 business days after resolution of the non-compliance, as the entity responsible for taking any corrective action, you must submit an investigation report.
You should complete and submit the Notice of non-compliance with water quality criteria - Recycled water form (PDF, 671KB).
Read the Recycled water management plan audit reporting guideline (PDF, 369KB) for information about preparing regular audit reports.