Registration of recycled water schemes
As a recycled water provider, you must register your recycled water scheme with the Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water.
Follow the steps in this Recycled water management plan (RWMP) decision tree (PDF, 114KB) to check if you are required to register your recycled water scheme or if you are required to develop a RWMP.
New recycled water schemes are required to complete their registration as follows:
- For schemes that require an approved plan – register before commencing supply of recycled water under the scheme.
- For schemes that do not require an approved plan – register 3 months after first commencing to supply recycled water under the scheme.
The department will register a recycled water scheme if the application complies with the requirements, including:
- submission of a completed Recycled water scheme registration application form (PDF, 153KB)
- sufficient supporting information to enable the department to register the scheme.
The department may require the recycled water provider to supply additional information about the application, which may require verification by statutory declaration.
List of registered recycled water schemes
The department keeps a register of recycled water schemes, providing information to other regulatory agencies and the public about where water recycling activities are occurring.
- Read the Water quality guidelines for recycled water schemes (PDF, 511KB) for information on the minimum water quality criteria that apply to recycled water.
- Read the Manual for recycled water agreements in Queensland (PDF, 1.8MB) for information and guidance on writing a contract to supply and use recycled water.