Step 4 - Prepare your supporting documents

You'll need to provide certified copies of your supporting documents as part of your application. The documents required are those that prove you have met the qualifications and experience requirements for the licence or authorisation you are applying for.

For example, a gas work licence will require you to obtain and upload:

  • certified copies of your qualification and your statement of attainment (including any required units of competency)
  • your declared and signed practical experience declaration
  • a digital passport-quality photograph (taken in the last 3 months)
  • a certified copy of the your driver's licence (or photo identification card).

How to get your documents certified

To get your documents certified:

  1. make a good quality photocopy of each of your documents
  2. take the photocopies and the originals to a Justice of the Peace (JP) or Commissioner for Declarations (CDec).

The JP or CDec will compare the documents, and certify that the photocopies are true copies of the originals.

Practical experience form (PEF)

For most applications, you'll need to submit a practical experience form (PEF) (DOC, 120KB).

You'll need to complete the work before your supervisor or observer signs the form. If you have different supervisors for different tasks, complete a separate form for each supervisor.

If you're unable to carry out gas work under supervision or observation (preferred), contact a registered training organisation to see if they can help provide practical experience.

Your practical experience form must be sworn or affirmed and signed in the presence of a JP or CDec.

Photograph for gas work licence applications

If you're applying for a gas work licence of any type, you'll need to upload a digital photograph of yourself that meets the Australian passport requirements. Photographs that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.

To verify the digital photograph is of you, you must also upload a certified copy of the front and back of your current Queensland driver's licence or photo identification card (or equivalent photographic identity card from another state, territory or New Zealand).

If you have previously provided a photograph for your gas work licence or authorisation, you do not need to provide it again.