Renew, change or replace your gas work licence or authorisation

If your licence or authorisation is due for renewal, or expired within the last 12 months, you can simply renew it using the online application form.

Renew a gas work licence Renew a gas work authorisation

For licences or authorisations that have expired more than 12 months ago, you will need to do 1 of the following:

  • if you hold the required qualifications, demonstrate you have maintained your skills by contacting a registered training organisation (RTO) and undertaking a trade test
  • if you don't hold the required qualifications, contact an RTO to discuss your options. This may include mapping older qualifications, recognising prior learning and/or retraining.

All gas work licence renewals will require a digital passport-quality photograph and a certified copy of your driver's licence or photographic identity card.

Change details on your licence or authorisation

If you have changed your circumstances or contact details, within 20 business days of the change, email

Your email must include:

  • your full name
  • your gas work licence or authorisation number
  • your address, phone number and email
  • details of the change in circumstances or contact details.

The Licensing and Authorisation Unit may contact you to verify your request.

Replace a lost, stolen or damaged licence or authorisation

If your licence or authorisation is lost, stolen, destroyed, or badly damaged, you must advise us as soon as possible.

To replace it, you'll need to provide a statutory declaration stating what happened.

Use the Queensland statutory declaration form (PDF, 235KB) and have it witnessed by a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations.

Once you have a completed statutory declaration, please contact us. If you still have the licence or authorisation, it will need to be returned.

Return a gas work licence or authorisation

If your licence or authorisation has been cancelled, suspended or surrendered, you must return it immediately to the Licence and Authorisation Unit.

Any documents purchased in relation to the gas work licence, such as compliance certificates, compliance plates, and defect notices, cannot be sold or given away and should be returned, disposed of securely or destroyed.