Lodging your application

Online applications

You can lodge and track the progress of most applications using MyMinesOnline.

Lodging your application by mail or in person

Application type Submit applications to
Call for tenders Address listed in the tender document
Coal authorities Coal Assessment Hub
Small-scale mining (all mining claims; mining leases for opal, gemstones, corundum and other precious stones) Small-scale Mining Assessment Hub
Minerals Mineral Assessment Hub or district office
Petroleum and gas Petroleum Assessment Hub
Greenhouse gas storage and geothermal Petroleum Assessment Hub

Payment options


We accept credit card or electronic funds transfer (EFT). For some transactions, it may be possible for you to submit your application online and pay the fee at a mines lodgement office.

When paying by EFT you will be provided with a MMOL reference number. Use this number in the reference field when transferring the funds with your financial institution.

In person

We accept cash, cheque, money orders or credit card payments (MasterCard and Visa only) at any mines lodgement office.

By mail

If posting your application, include a cheque made out to the 'Department of Resources'. Also include the authority type and ID on the back of the cheque. Do not send cash through the mail.

Electronic funds transfer (EFT)

Transfer funds to:

Department of Resources
Commonwealth Bank BSB 064-013
Account 1004 1702

Include the authority type and number in the reference field to ensure we correctly identify your payment. Failure to provide information required to receipt payments could result in unnecessary delays.

Email the details of your payment to the hub or district office where you are submitting your application.

By phone or fax

Mines lodgement offices accept credit card payments (Mastercard and Visa only) over the phone.

Also consider...