Take our survey to help us provide the best possible support to your small business during COVID-19 and beyond.
Development plans and work programs
From 25 May 2020, new provisions came into effect relating to the relinquishment, renewal and administration of exploration permits and petroleum and gas authorities. Read more about the changes to resources legislation.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Initiatives for the exploration sector
In response to the impact of COVID-19, the Queensland Government is providing a range of relief and recovery measures for the exploration sector, including rent waivers, work program variations and exploration grants.
You may be required to submit development plans or work programs as part of your application for a resource authority or for a renewal of an authority.
The following guidelines and templates have been developed to help you prepare these documents.
- Initial and later development plan guideline for coal mining leases (PDF, 391KB)
- Mineral mining lease development plan guideline (PDF, 407KB)
- Work program guideline (MRA) (PDF, 245KB)
- Work program guideline (ATP) (PDF, 245KB)
- Initial and later development plan guideline for petroleum leases (PDF, 282KB)
- Later development plan guideline for a petroleum lease (PDF, 279KB)
Exploration permit minerals
Mineral development licence
*Note that expenditure is no longer an exploration permit work program requirement and is optional
|Mining claim||Work program (PDF, 268KB)|
|Mining lease (mineral)||Mining program (DOCX, 60KB)|
- Last reviewed: 6 Nov 2019
- Last updated: 21 Jan 2021