Investing in Queensland's mining services industry
Queensland is a global hub for mining services, recognised for our vast resources, world-class mining technology and service expertise. Businesses in the mining services industry provide a broad range of services, equipment and support to Queensland's mining industry.
Your business can join the many Australian and international mining companies that are based in Queensland to take advantage of the thriving industry, business benefits and government support.
The Queensland mining industry is among the most successful in the world, and is:
- the world's largest exporter of seaborne coal
- home to over 50 major coal mines and 100 metalliferous mines
- Australia's largest producer of base metals including copper, lead and zinc
- the world's second largest producer of lead, third largest producer of zinc, and fifth largest producer of silver.
Queensland is a global leader in the development of mines. In 2010, Queensland mining production was valued at more than $32 billion.
Industry growth is expected in the future with resource companies announcing their intention to invest about $50 billion in 2011-12 to upgrade their operations in Australia (representing a 38% increase).
This guide explains the benefits of investing in Queensland's mining services industry.
I want to...
- OSR Online for payroll tax 09/07/2020
- The impact of Indigenous Procurement - Panel discussion 14/07/2020