CEI submissions and timelines
Round 6 of the Collaborative Exploration Initiative program is now open for submissions until 13 December 2021. Individual grants of up to $200,000 are available, with no requirement for direct funding by the applicant.
This round will support existing explorers across Queensland (excluding Brisbane and Gold Coast regions) and will include non-drilling activities such as:
- geochemistry and other surveys
- re-analysis of historical samples to include a full suite of elements
- machine learning trials.
Round 6 proposals
We are looking for proposals that will test innovative exploration concepts, which will in turn provide a new understanding of the geology and new economy mineral prospectivity in Queensland. Proposals should:
- demonstrate economic and technical merit
- introduce innovative concepts
- address knowledge gaps
- highlight critical uncertainties in key areas, especially that of new economy mineral prospectivity
- show the potential to increase exploration activity in under-explored areas or increase exploration investment in Queensland
- provide realistic timings of activities to ensure that the activity and delivery of results are completed.
Review the full Guideline for Round 6 CEI applications (PDF, 255KB).
These grants are only available for submissions that meet certain criteria. Please read the eligibility criteria, on the front page of the online form, before making your submission.
Current project timelines
|Round 6 opens for applications||1 November 2021|
|Round 6 applications close||13 December 2021|
|Round 4 final reports become publicly available||15 December 2021|
|Round 5 projects completed||15 May 2022|
|Round 5 final reports due||31 May 2022|
|Round 5 final reports become publicly available||15 December 2022|
Geological Survey of Queensland
Phone: +61 7 3096 6136