Expressions of interest for exploration
The expression of interest (EOI) process to nominate areas of land for exploration and mining of petroleum and gas, coal and minerals closed on 26 February 2021. A separate EOI process to nominate areas of land for greenhouse gas (GHG) storage exploration closed on 7 May 2021.
All EOIs received were considered for inclusion in the 2021 Queensland Exploration Program (PDF, 1.6MB) released in November of 2021.
Note, some EOI submissions were not included in the program. The selection of tender areas is based on a range of factors including:
- environmental, regional and state planning interests (e.g. priority living areas and national parks)
- commercial and market considerations (e.g. if multiple EOIs were received over the same area (competitive tension), proximity to markets and supporting infrastructure)
- overlapping tenure (e.g. where a resource tenure already exists over an EOI area)
- the area's prospectivity
- the state's current geological knowledge
- government strategic direction.
These factors may mean that changes were made to some areas submitted through this EOI process and therefore the area released for tender may differ to your EOI submission.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 7 3199 7334 for help and information about exploration opportunities.
- Subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date on competitive tendering, including the Queensland Exploration Program, upcoming tenders and the timing of EOI processes.
- Last reviewed: 24 Nov 2021
- Last updated: 24 Nov 2021