Expressions of interest for exploration
The expression of interest (EOI) process to nominate areas of land for exploration and mining of petroleum and gas, coal and minerals closed on 26 February 2021. A separate EOI process to nominate areas of land for greenhouse gas (GHG) storage exploration closed on 7 May 2021.
All EOIs received will be considered for potential inclusion in the 2021 Queensland Exploration Program planned for release in the second half of 2021.
What happens next
All EOIs received before the closing date will be considered for inclusion in the next Queensland Exploration Program.
Note, some EOI submissions may not be included in the program. The selection of tender areas is based on a range of factors including:
- environmental, regional and state planning interests (e.g., constraints such as priority living areas and national parks)
- the area's potential for GHG storage
- commercial and market considerations
- competing land uses
- our current geological knowledge.
These factors may mean that changes are made to the areas submitted through this EOI process and therefore the area released for tender may differ to your EOI submission.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 7 3199 7334 for help and information about exploration opportunities.
- Subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date on competitive tendering, including the Queensland Exploration Program, upcoming tenders and the timing of EOI processes.
- Last reviewed: 7 May 2021
- Last updated: 10 May 2021