Collaborative exploration grants
The Collaborative Exploration Initiative (CEI) provides funding for innovative new exploration programs that:
- address specific knowledge gaps
- contribute to the discovery of critical minerals in Queensland.
The Queensland Government has committed to investing an additional $17.5 million in the CEI over the next 4 years (until 2027). This investment aligns with our goals in the Queensland Resources Industry Development Plan (QRIDP).
The CEI supports Queensland’s minerals exploration industry by:
- providing funds direct to industry to support innovative exploration concepts
- making geoscientific data from successful programs available to the public, to stimulate further discovery and secure future resources for the benefit of the State.
For Round 7, priority is given to the discovery of critical minerals required for transition to a decarbonised future. Applications exploring for coal, gas and petroleum will not be considered.
CEI is managed by the Geological Survey of Queensland on behalf of the Queensland Government.
You can view the results and discoveries of previous exploration grants.
- Last reviewed: 15 Oct 2021
- Last updated: 8 Nov 2022