Changing or transferring a Commercial Activity Permit

If you hold a Commercial Activity Permit (CAP), you can request changes to your permit in writing. By law, you cannot transfer ownership of your CAP.

Apply in writing to change details

To change details on your permit, you can apply in writing to:

Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service
PO Box 15187

Transferring CAP ownership

You cannot legally transfer ownership of a CAP, even if you sell your business.

Buyers will need to apply for a new CAP. There is no guarantee that a buyer will be granted a CAP, even if the business they are buying already has one.

We recommend that all potential buyers conduct proper due diligence and request a free pre-lodgement meeting with QPWS to discuss eligibility.


Coronavirus (COVID-19) business support: 1300 654 687

General enquiries: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)