Penalties for non-compliance
Our compliance officers will discuss any non-compliance issues at the time of an inspection. Sometimes, we will also provide education and advice.
We will make a follow-up visit, when necessary, to ensure all non-compliance issues, previously identified during an inspection, have been resolved.
Compliance officers and Queensland police officers can issue you, your staff and patrons infringement notices for breaches of legislation related to the Liquor Act 1992 and Wine Industry Act 1994.
Failure to comply with the law can lead to enforcement action including one or more of the following:
- on-the-spot fines
- prosecution, which carries a maximum fine of $14,375
- disciplinary action, ranging from fines to cancellation of the licence.
- Learn more about liquor fines and penalties for licensees and their staff.
- Download printable compliance signage for licensed venues.
- Last reviewed: 24 Jun 2019
- Last updated: 1 Jul 2022
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8555