What you need to know about a commercial operator's licence

Under the Agricultural Chemicals Distribution Control Act 1966, if you intend to use ground equipment to distribute herbicides on land that you or a close relative do not own or occupy, you may need a commercial operator's licence. You must be at least 17 years of age to be issued a commercial operator's licence.

Factors that can determine if you need a licence include the type of ground equipment that you are using and whether you are carrying out the ground distribution in a declared hazardous area, a regulated area or non-regulated area of the state. You do not need a licence if the ground distribution is outside the regulated areas in Queensland.

A commercial operator's licence is issued for either a 1-year or 3-year period, nominated by the applicant when they apply.

Also consider...