Gold Coast electronic distance measurement (EDM) baseline
Suitable for use while certificate remains valid.
Contact the Regional Calibration Officer (listed below under Contacts) as soon as possible if any of the following information is incorrect or to report any problems with the baseline.
The baseline is located on Shelter Rd east of the Coombabah Sewage Treatment Plant. The baseline begins just outside the eastern security gate of the treatment plant and runs eastward, adjacent to Shelter Rd.
Bookings are made through Survey Services, Infrastructure Delivery Branch, City of Gold Coast—refer to Contacts below.
Site contact is Assistant Supervisor Treatment Plant (07) 5581 7111 (GCW) or Supervisor Treatment Plant (07) 5581 7101 (GCW) at least 24 hours in advance of the reserved date.
Site inductions are no longer required as the entire baseline is now outside the treatment plant grounds. On the reserved date, report to the Coombabah site office via the security gates off Shelter Rd. At the treatment plant site office there are access keys containing a swipe card for the eastern security gate, a key for the Shelter Rd security gate and a key for the pillar caps. These items must be signed in and out in the register just inside the front door to the site office.
Type: 7 station Schwendener. Stations are concrete pillars.
Datum RL: The datum plane is based on reduced level (RL) 0.0 metres. RLs for the stations are derived from station 2—permanent survey mark (PSM) 130128.
Alignment: Base alignment is from station 2 to 8. Offsets are negative to the left and positive to the right of the line viewed from station 2.
- Mangroves grow adjacent to this baseline and are protected native flora. Any mangroves blocking visibility between pillars are to be reported to the Gold Coast City Council using the contact numbers provided below. Do not interfere with mangroves.
- The security gate on Shelter Rd between pillars 2 and 3 is to be locked shut when the baseline is not in use.
- Please use appropriate signage when using this baseline and limit vehicular travel to an acceptable speed.
- Follow all council safety procedures for the wastewater treatment plant while within the treatment plant grounds.
- Pillar 1 (PSM130127) has been damaged and is no longer used. Pillar 8 has been constructed as a replacement.
- Pillar 2 is subject to flooding.
- Fluctuating air temperatures around station 4 are most likely caused by the runway and have been known to impact on results of high-accuracy observations.
- This baseline has been known to show occasional movement. Take care when carrying out observations more than 1 year after the baseline was last calibrated.
Regulation 13 certificate
Regional Calibration Officer
Department of Resources
L1 AVC Building
14 Edgewater Court
ROBINA QLD 4226
Phone: (07) 5626 6824 or 0418 732 982
City of Gold Coast
COOMBABAH QLD 4216
Phone: (07) 5581 1785
Phone: (07) 5581 1786
- Last reviewed: 1 Oct 2021
- Last updated: 6 Dec 2021