Disturbing the site of a notifiable incident
The person with management or control of a workplace at which a notifiable incident has occurred must ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the site where the incident occurred is not disturbed, unless it is for a prescribed reason, until an inspector arrives at the site. The site includes any plant, substance, structure or thing associated with the notifiable incident.
A prescribed reason to disturb an incident site is action:
- to assist an injured person
- to remove a deceased person
- that is essential to make the site safe or to minimise the risk of a further notifiable incident
- that is associated with a police investigation
- for which an inspector or Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) has given permission (a direction that a scene may be disturbed may be given in person or by a phone call).
Phone the WHS Infoline on 1300 362 128 if the incident occurs outside of business hours and you wish to disturb the incident site. A WHSQ on-call inspector will contact you within an appropriate time frame.
- Refer to the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and the Safety in Recreational Water Activities Act 2011.
- Find out more about incidents, notifications and contacting WHSQ.
- Last reviewed: 1 Aug 2018
- Last updated: 31 May 2016
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 03/04/2023
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 04/04/2023