The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Disturbing the site of a notifiable incident
The person with management or control of a workplace at which a notifiable incident has occurred must ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the site where the incident occurred is not disturbed, unless it is for a prescribed reason, until an inspector arrives at the site. The site includes any plant, substance, structure or thing associated with the notifiable incident.
A prescribed reason to disturb an incident site is action:
- to assist an injured person
- to remove a deceased person
- that is essential to make the site safe or to minimise the risk of a further notifiable incident
- that is associated with a police investigation
- for which an inspector or Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) has given permission (a direction that a scene may be disturbed may be given in person or by a phone call).
Phone the WHS Infoline on 1300 362 128 if the incident occurs outside of business hours and you wish to disturb the incident site. A WHSQ on-call inspector will contact you within an appropriate time frame.
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020