The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Using the Queensland Government Supplier code of conduct
The Queensland Government Supplier code of conduct (the Code) sets out the ethical, environmental and social expectations of suppliers who want to do business with government.
How agencies apply the Code
Government agencies should apply the Code to all procurement activities, regardless of value. However, they may implement the Code differently across different procurement activities.
- for smaller tenders, you may only need to confirm that you meet the expectations of the Code
- for larger tenders, you may need to complete a formal commitment letter (DOCX, 358KB) relating to the Code.
If you have queries about how the Code applies in your situation, contact the procuring agency (i.e. the agency that is running the tender/has the contract).
How to implement the Code
You must proactively self-assess your compliance with the Code and fix any shortcomings.
If you already meet legislative and regulatory requirements, and demonstrate good business practice, you probably meet many of the Code's provisions.
If there is discretion on how to meet a Code provision, you only need to take actions appropriate to the size of your business. For example, small businesses don't usually need sophisticated workplace policies or systems.
Queries and complaints
If you have concerns about an agency decision, contact the procuring government agency in the first instance.
Alternatively, contact the Queensland Procurement Policy (QPP) Compliance Unit, which will help open and facilitate communication with the agency concerned:
- email: QPPCompliance@hpw.qld.gov.au
- free call: 1300 105 030.
The QPP Compliance Unit refers concerns about:
- illegal activity or corruption to the Queensland Police Service or Crime and Corruption Commission as appropriate
- regulation breaches to the relevant regulatory body.
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020