DAF environmental impact assessment companion guide
The purpose of the DAF environmental impact assessment companion guide (PDF, 313KB) is to provide supporting information about matters related to agriculture, fisheries, forestry and biosecurity that should be addressed through the environmental impact assessment process.
The companion guide can be used by proponents, Commonwealth and state agencies, local governments and assessment managers to prepare:
- initial advice statements
- terms of reference
- environmental impact statements
- assessment reports
- other documents associated with the environmental assessment process in Queensland.
The companion guide also explains the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries' (DAF) legislative responsibilities, policies and interests so that these can be addressed early in the environmental assessment process. This includes information on:
- land use planning
- socio-economic impacts of development
- natural resource management.
Addressing these aspects early in the assessment process assists project proponents and reduces the Queensland Government workload. It also helps maintain consistency of assessment across developments.
- Last reviewed: 24 Jun 2016
- Last updated: 24 Jun 2016