Apply for an automated vehicle trial permit
Before applying for a permit to trial an automated vehicle in Queensland, you must have:
- obtained comprehensive insurance, including public liability and product liability insurance, of at least AU$20 million, with the State of Queensland named as a party on the insurance certificate
- obtained or be in the process of obtaining, all relevant permits, approvals, accreditation or consents
- consulted your relevant local government(s) and received their support for the trial.
Applying for a permit
To apply for a permit, you will need to:
- Contact the Automated Vehicle Regulation team by email to confirm application timeframes, processes and approvals (if required).
- the application form will be emailed to you if you have met all the eligibility requirements.
- Check you have all the supporting documentation by using the application checklist.
- Complete the application form and submit by email.
Your application will take up to 4 weeks to assess and process. Delays may occur if your application is incomplete or additional accreditations are required.
Contact the Automated Vehicle Regulation team to ensure you understand your full application requirements, and can submit a complete application to minimise processing timeframes.
Contact the Automated Vehicle Regulation team
Email the Automated Vehicle Regulation team on AutomatedVehicleRegulation@tmr.qld.gov.au for more information.