Coronavirus (COVID-19): Aviation services
Support for Queensland's aviation sector
- Australian Airline Financial Relief Package - provides the Australian domestic airline industry relief from a range of taxes and government charges
- Regional Air Network Support Program - provides funding to assist domestic commercial airlines continue services to regional and remote locations and connect regional Australia to freight, medical testing, supplies and essential personnel
- Regional Airline Funding Assistance - offers direct financial support to smaller regional airlines so they can continue to provide essential air links.
COVID safe domestic flying
A Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol has been developed by the Australian aviation industry for airline passengers and workers, to provide guidance in minimising the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Find out more about the Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol.
Queensland's extensive aviation network offers services to support a range of industries.
Tourism and commercial services
Tourism and commercial services include charter planes, and international and domestic airlines. Learn more about the Queensland Tourism Aviation Blueprint to 2016 (PDF, 665KB).
Airports, cargo and freight
Queensland's airports provide services for both passengers and freight. Major airports in Queensland include:
- Brisbane Airport
- Gold Coast Airport
- Cairns Airport
- Townsville Airport.
Smaller airports are also located in regional areas throughout the state.
Because Queensland covers an extensive area and has a population that is dispersed throughout regional and remote areas as well as major cities, aviation is essential. The contracted air services network throughout western and northern Queensland gives remote communities year-round access to essential business, educational, medical and cultural services in larger centres. These services reduce the social and economic isolation of rural and remote Queenslanders.
Learn more about contracted air services.
Aviation services are supported by Queensland's aviation and aerospace manufacturing industry.
- Read about investing in Queensland's defence industry.
- Last reviewed: 28 Jun 2013
- Last updated: 26 Jun 2020