Bus and coach services
Buses and coaches play a significant role in Queensland's public transport system, connecting large numbers of people with their workplaces, educational institutions, health and social services, and communities every day.
Bus and coach drivers require authorisation for the type of service they provide. The purpose of driver authorisation is to ensure that the driver of a public passenger vehicle is a suitable person to drive the vehicle, having regard to:
- the safety of children and other vulnerable members of the community
- the personal safety of the public, passengers and their property
- the act of driving and the capability to safely operate the vehicle
- the reputation of public passenger transport
- responsible conduct with passengers and the public
- awareness of their customer service responsibilities
- accountability for complying with appropriate standards.
To obtain a driver authorisation, you must meet certain requirements specified in the passenger transport legislation.
Learn more about authorisation to drive buses and coaches.
- Last reviewed: 12 Jul 2018
- Last updated: 25 Jul 2016