Personalised transport services
The personalised transport industry, including taxis, limousines and ride-booking services (known as booked hire services), plays an essential role in the wider passenger transport system by providing personalised, door-to-door services.
The Queensland Government introduced a legislative framework in 2017 and continues to monitor, review and evaluate this framework.
Taxi, limousine and ride-booking businesses must comply with the personalised transport legislation, industry standards, guidelines and requirements that have been developed in Queensland.
Personalised transport industry regulations
As part of the Queensland Government's personalised transport reforms, changes to legislation have:
- strengthened safety standards
- clarified industry obligations
- given passengers greater choice and flexibility
- encouraged innovation and improved customer service.
Learn more about Queensland's Personalised Transport Reform Framework.
Key elements of the framework include:
- booked hire service licence
- booking entity authorisation
- data keeping and reporting requirements
- driver training
- safety duty requirements including 'chain of responsibility'
- vehicle requirements including compulsory third party (CTP) insurance
- signage requirements for ride-booking vehicles
- new vehicle security cameras requirements.
Register for updates
You can register for updates about:
- the legislation and what it means for you
- changes to industry requirements
- progress of the monitoring, review and evaluation of reforms.
- Last reviewed: 18 Jul 2019
- Last updated: 19 Jul 2019