Aviation and aerospace industry
Queensland's aviation and aerospace industry comprises more than 300 enterprises that range in size from global corporations to small and medium-sized businesses. This represents 31% of Australia's total number of aviation and aerospace firms, making Queensland a major hub for the industry in the Asia-Pacific region.
Activities in this industry include:
- international and domestic airline operation
- military and civil aircraft design, manufacture, modification, maintenance, repair and overhaul
- aviation services
- aviation and aerospace education and training
- military, civil aviation, aerospace and airport infrastructure
- general aviation.
Queensland's aviation and aerospace firms are commercially successful and strongly committed to innovation. The presence of numerous major defence contractors in Queensland gives local firms further commercial opportunities. As a result, participating small and medium-sized Queensland businesses have an opportunity to be linked into global supply chains.
- Learn about investing in Queensland's defence industry.
- Last reviewed: 17 Jul 2018
- Last updated: 17 Jul 2018