Depending on the type of water authorisation or works you have, you may be required to install an approved water meter to measure your water use.
This guide details water metering requirements for different types of users. It also provides information on approved meters, meter validation, meter readings and what to do if your meter is faulty.
Non-urban water measurement policy
- Consultation on non-urban water measurement policy proposals has been completed.
- We have published a policy (PDF, 2.1MB) that strengthens the measurement and reporting of non-urban water take across Queensland.
- An implementation plan (PDF, 2.1MB) has been developed to guide the roll out of the policy. It sets out the timeframes and priorities for implementation.
- Full implementation of the policy requires supporting legislative changes. These will be progressed during 2023.
- We will contact water users in the lead up to the policy being implemented in your area, so you have an understanding of what the policy means for you.
- There will be no change to the metering requirements that currently apply to water users until the policy is implemented. This includes meter revalidation.