The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Registration of water service providers
Who must register
The following entities must register as service providers before supplying water and/or sewerage services:
- local governments
- water authorities
- entities that own infrastructure for supplying a water and/or sewerage service and intend to charge for the service/s
- entities prescribed in a regulation made under the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008 – refer to Schedule 2 of the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Regulation 2011.
There are some exclusions regarding registration. This applies if the infrastructure is used only:
- for mining purposes
- by your guests or employees (e.g. a resort)
- by the occupants of lots (if the owner is a body corporate for a registered community titles scheme).
You don’t need to register if you are the owner of infrastructure supplying only recycled water.
How to register
Note: You must own the infrastructure at the time of application. You cannot apply on the basis of providing planning documents or approvals for supplying water or sewerage services.
To apply, complete the application for new registration as a service provider (PDF, 432KB) and email to email@example.com.
Amending or cancelling your registration
Please complete the relevant form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application to change service provider details of registration (PDF, 435KB)
- Notice of intention to transfer registration to another entity (PDF, 407KB)
- Application to cancel registration (PDF, 401KB)
- Notice of intention to stop operating (PDF, 193KB).
Registered service provider list
View the list of registered water supply and sewerage service providers.