Landholder funding for Great Artesian Basin rehabilitation projects
The Great Artesian Basin Rehabilitation Program (GABRP) is the current funding program for the Queensland section of the Great Artesian Basin.
Landholders are invited to submit funding applications for projects that aim to manage Great Artesian Basin water flow by:
- rehabilitating or replacing bores
- replacing open bore drains with controlled watering systems such as pipes, tanks and troughs.
Eligible projects may receive funding for up to 90% of the estimated total project costs through this funding program.
Participation in the GABRP is voluntary, but it's important to be aware that the Great Artesian Basin and other regional aquifers (GABORA) water plan requires uncontrolled flowing bores to be controlled and bore drains replaced with controlled watering systems by September 2027. Bores that are not watertight by this time may be subject to compliance action.
When to apply
- Opens 9am, Wednesday 9 June 2021.
- Closes 5pm, Friday 16 July 2021.
- Opens 9am, Monday 16 August 2021.
- Closes 5pm, Friday 19 November 2021.
How to apply
If you are offered grant funds, you will be required to enter a Funding for works deed with the department. Download an example of a Funding for works deed (PDF, 1MB) to familiarise yourself with this document.
- Email GABPMO@rdmw.qld.gov.au
- Phone (07) 4529 1355 or (07) 4529 1277
- Last reviewed: 9 Jun 2021
- Last updated: 9 Jun 2021