The Queensland Government's $3.6 million Collaborative Exploration Initiative (CEI) is designed to stimulate investment in under-explored parts of north-west Queensland, and test innovative exploration using a broad range of techniques.
The CEI encompasses drilling and non-drilling activities including seismic, airborne and ground geophysics, and geochemical surveys. Eligible activities added to drilling include mobilisation, pad preparation, and selected downhole analysis.
The first round of CEI grant funding ($1.13 million) was awarded in December 2017 to 9 companies, supporting a total of 12 projects.
Supported exploration projects
- Proposal guidelines (PDF, 178KB)
- QDEX registration form (PDF, 230KB)
- Proposal coversheet (PDF, 64KB)
- Checklist (PDF, 101KB)
- Funding deed template (PDF, 300KB)
Note: The draft funding deed is provided for information purposes only. The final funding deed may be subject to change and applicants should check this website for the latest version.
You can subscribe to Exploration Grants updates to receive future program announcements.
Previous grant rounds
The exploration reports from completed Collaborative Drilling Initiative (CDI) projects from all rounds are publicly available from QDEX Reports.
Successful applicants have submitted final reports and data containing technical details of their drilling projects.
Supported drilling projects
- CDI supported projects: Rounds 1-4 (PDF, 1.9MB)
- CDI supported projects: Rounds 5-7 (PDF, 382KB)
- CDI supported projects: Round 8 (PDF, 168KB)
- CDI supported projects: Round 9 (PDF, 253KB)
- CDI supported projects: North West Queensland Minerals Province (PDF, 790KB)
The exploration reports from completed CDI projects from all rounds are publicly available from QDEX Reports.
Collaborative Exploration Initiative team
Phone: +61 7 3096 6121
- Last reviewed: 07 Dec 2017
- Last updated: 13 Feb 2018
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth - Brisbane 22/03/2018
- Innovate Queensland: The money magnet masterclass - Longreach 26/03/2018