The Queensland Government's $3.6 million Collaborative Exploration Initiative (CEI) is designed to stimulate investment in under-explored parts of north-west Queensland, and test innovative exploration using a broad range of techniques.
The CEI will encompass drilling and non-drilling activities including seismic, airborne and ground geophysics, and geochemical surveys. Eligible activities added to drilling include mobilisation, pad preparation, and selected downhole analysis.
$1.2 million of first round grant funding is available. Eligible applicants can apply for a grant to meet half their direct activity costs, to a maximum of $200,000 for an approved project.
An incentive of up to an additional $100,000 applies to Round 1 if the project is completed by 10 August 2018.
Eligible projects must target resources in the North West Queensland Minerals Province (PDF, 265KB) to apply for a grant.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29 September 2017.
- Proposal guidelines (PDF, 178KB)
- QDEX registration form (PDF, 230KB)
- Proposal coversheet (PDF, 64KB)
- Checklist (PDF, 101KB)
- Funding deed template (PDF, 300KB)
Note: The draft funding deed is provided for information purposes only. The final funding deed may be subject to change and applicants should check this website for the latest version.
You can also subscribe to Exploration Grants updates to receive future program announcements.
Previous grant rounds
The exploration reports from completed Collaborative Drilling Initiative (CDI) projects from all rounds are publicly available from QDEX Reports.
Successful applicants have submitted final reports and data containing technical details of their drilling projects.
- CDI supported projects: Rounds 1-4 (PDF, 1.9MB)
- CDI supported projects: Rounds 5-7 (PDF, 382KB)
- CDI supported projects: Round 8 (PDF, 168KB)
- CDI supported projects: Round 9 (PDF, 253KB)
- CDI supported projects: North West Queensland Minerals Province (PDF, 790KB)
The exploration reports from completed CDI projects from all rounds are publicly available from QDEX Reports.
Collaborative Drilling Initiative team
Phone: +61 7 3096 6121
- Last reviewed: 24 Aug 2017
- Last updated: 24 Aug 2017