How approved ID scanning systems work
Approved ID scanners are linked to an approved ID scanning system. They allow you to cross-check a person’s ID against a database of individuals who are subject to a banning order.
Banning orders are transmitted to the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) from the Queensland Police Service (QPS). This data is then retrieved by approved operators and disseminated to the approved ID scanning system managed by that operator. This networking ensures that persons banned by the court or QPS are able to be identified (when their ID is scanned) by every regulated premises in Queensland.
Approved ID scanners can also be used to cross-check a person’s ID against licensee bans. The ID scanning system will distribute licensee ban details to every regulated premises in Queensland.
The personal information used to conduct this check is:
- date of birth
- Print and display the ID scanning on entry and re-entry poster in your licensed venue.
- Download and display the Scan in for a safe night out (LCD screen graphic) on your in-venue screens.
- Print and display the Scan in for a safe night out - we operate ID scanners at this venue poster.
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3872 0920