Food and beverage manufacturing overview
Queensland's food industry is one of the largest manufacturing sectors in the state and has a reputation for producing high-quality, safe food at competitive prices. Food items manufactured include fresh produce, such as fruit and vegetables, seafood and meat, and value-added foods, such as desserts and confectionery, dairy foods and ready-made meals.
The beverage manufacturing industry includes soft drinks, fruit juices, bottled water and flavoured dairy drinks, as well as sports drinks, energy drinks, ready-to-drink teas and other 'functional' beverages. Recently, the ready-to-drink tea and sports drinks have experienced considerable growth.
- Learn about testing and developing food and beverage products.
- Find out about contract manufacturing for food processing businesses and see our survey results to find out how it is used in Queensland.
- Contact food and beverage industry associations to access services and support.
- Find out about investing in Queensland's food and agribusiness industry.
- Last reviewed: 29 Jun 2016
- Last updated: 29 Jun 2016