COVID-19 alert: Read about changed restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane until 1am, Friday 22 January.
Food and beverage manufacturing overview
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Food and beverage manufacturing industry workplace resources
Find food processing and manufacturing workplace resources from Safe Work Australia.
Queensland's food industry is one of the largest manufacturing sectors in the state and has a reputation for producing high-quality, safe food at competitive prices. Food items manufactured include fresh produce, such as fruit and vegetables, seafood and meat, and value-added foods, such as desserts and confectionery, dairy foods and ready-made meals.
The beverage manufacturing industry includes soft drinks, fruit juices, bottled water and flavoured dairy drinks, as well as sports drinks, energy drinks, ready-to-drink teas and other 'functional' beverages. Recently, the ready-to-drink tea and sports drinks have experienced considerable growth.
- Learn about testing and developing food and beverage products.
- Find out about contract manufacturing for food processing businesses and see our survey results to find out how it is used in Queensland.
- Contact food and beverage industry associations to access services and support.
- Find out about investing in Queensland's food and agribusiness industry.
- Last reviewed: 29 Jun 2016
- Last updated: 7 May 2020