Food, beverage and catering
Read our guides about the Queensland food and beverage industry, including manufacturing, wholesale, retail, transportation and warehousing activities.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Requirements for food businesses
- Read Stage 3 easing of business restrictions from Friday 3 July 2020.
- If your business is providing takeaway food and drinks you must:
- promote social distancing—keep all staff and customers 1.5m apart, allowing 2 or 4 square metres per person
- take steps to direct customers away from consuming takeaway items on or adjacent to your premises (e.g. remove tables and chairs)
- provide single use cutlery.
- Find approved COVID Safe industry plans, including for food services, wineries, hotels and clubs.
- Find health and safety resources including business posters to encourage social distancing and good hygiene.
- Read advice from Safe Food Queensland
- Find COVID-19 resources for the hospitality industry and food retailers.
- Read about subsidised infection control training available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including food-handling.
- Last reviewed: 19 Aug 2013
- Last updated: 16 Jul 2020
I want to...
Search our Food and Beverage Supplier Directory to find businesses and caterers that supply products grown, made or produced in Queensland.
Find support for commercial tour operators affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) working in Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service-managed areas.
Watch 2 new, real-life scenarios of how to identify and refuse service to intoxicated patrons.
Stay up to date with your requirements for operating licensed premises in Queensland during the coronavirus health emergency.
View the TAFV final evaluation report and the government’s interim response to the report’s recommendations.