Food, beverage and catering
Read our guides about the Queensland food and beverage industry, including manufacturing, wholesale, retail, transportation and warehousing activities.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Requirements for food businesses
- Learn about Stage 3 easing of business restrictions from 12 noon, Friday 3 July 2020.
- If your food business is providing takeaway food and drinks you must:
- promote social distancing – keep all staff and customers 1.5m apart, no more than 1 person per 4 square metres
- take steps to direct customers away from consuming takeaway items on or adjacent to your premises (e.g. remove tables and chairs).
- Find business health and safety resources including posters for your business premises to encourage social distancing and good hygiene.
- Read advice from Safe Food Queensland
- Find COVID-19 resources and fact sheets for the hospitality industry and food retailers.
- Read about subsidised infection control training available to support the re-opening of customer-facing businesses, including food-handling.
- Last reviewed: 19 Aug 2013
- Last updated: 28 May 2020
I want to...
Find support and assistance for commercial tour operators affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) working on Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service-managed
Search our Food and Beverage Supplier Directory to find businesses and caterers that supply products grown, made or produced in Queensland.
Watch 2 new, real-life scenarios of how to identify and refuse service to intoxicated patrons.
View the TAFV final evaluation report and the government’s interim response to the report’s recommendations
Stay up to date with your requirements for operating licensed premises in Queensland during the coronavirus health emergency.