Food, beverage and catering
Read our guides about the Queensland food and beverage industry, including manufacturing, wholesale, retail, transportation and warehousing activities.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Requirements for food businesses
- Find current business restrictions in Queensland.
- All hospitality businesses must use the free Check In Qld app to collect customer information from 1 May 2021.
- Find approved COVID Safe industry plans, including for food services, wineries, hotels and clubs.
- Read advice for businesses offering, or thinking of offering, takeaway and delivery services.
- Find health and safety resources including business posters to encourage social distancing and good hygiene.
- Read advice from Safe Food Queensland.
- Find COVID-19 resources for the hospitality industry and food retailers.
- Access subsidised infection control training available to support customer-facing businesses, including food handling.
- Use the Business Launchpad to discover which licences and permits you'll need to start a food and beverage or residential construction business in Logan or Townsville.
- Last reviewed: 23 Feb 2021
- Last updated: 3 Jun 2021
I want to...
Search our Food and Beverage Supplier Directory to find businesses and caterers that supply products grown, made or produced in Queensland.
We're asking Queenslanders to back local manufacturers and businesses that make it great. Where possible, buy local products and support local jobs.
Help your customers who are experiencing problem gambling – download campaign resources to display in your venue.
Watch 2 new, real-life scenarios of how to identify and refuse service to intoxicated patrons.
All hospitality venues must use the Check In Qld app to collect customer information. Download the app to register your business now.
Stay up to date with your requirements for operating licensed premises in Queensland during the coronavirus health emergency.