Food, beverage and catering
Read our guides about the Queensland food and beverage industry, including manufacturing, wholesale, retail, transportation and warehousing activities.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for food businesses
- Find current business restrictions in Queensland.
- Find 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants for eligible Queensland businesses, not-for-profit organisations and employing tourism and hospitality businesses.
- All hospitality businesses must use the free Check In Qld app to collect customer information.
- Read advice for businesses offering, or thinking of offering, takeaway and delivery services.
- Find health and safety resources including business posters to encourage social distancing and good hygiene.
- Read advice from Safe Food Queensland.
- Find COVID-19 resources for the hospitality industry and food retailers.
- Access subsidised infection control training available to support customer-facing businesses, including food handling.
- Use the Business Launchpad to discover which licences and permits you'll need to start a food and beverage business in Queensland.
- Last reviewed: 2 Sep 2021
- Last updated: 2 Sep 2021
I want to...
Search our Food and Beverage Supplier Directory to find businesses and caterers that supply products grown, made or produced in Queensland.
Help your customers who are experiencing problem gambling – download campaign resources to display in your venue.
Watch 2 new, real-life scenarios of how to identify and refuse service to intoxicated patrons.
Using the Check In Qld app to collect customer information is now mandatory for many businesses. Download the app to register your business now.
Stay up to date with your requirements for operating licensed premises in Queensland during the coronavirus health emergency.