Land and conservation obligations as a landowner
As a landowner, you have a statutory obligation to care for your land.
This means you must take all reasonable and practical steps to prevent harm to the natural environment and areas of cultural heritage. Caring for your land means ensuring that you:
- use natural resources sustainably
- conserve biological diversity
- do not harm Indigenous cultural heritage.
Other statutory obligations of landowners can include property planning, or preparing and implementing a land and water management plan.
Learn more about environmental management.
- Last reviewed: 09 Sep 2016
- Last updated: 09 Sep 2016