Fall armyworm webinars
To share the latest information about fall armyworm in Queensland, several webinars have been created.
A number of webinars are planned for future months.
Listen to the full webinar on how to identify fall armyworm or jump to your preferred section using the links below.
- Fall armyworm identification
- Fall armyworm life cycle
- Fall armyworm larval identification
- Useful website for more information
- Seven Spodopiera species already in Australia
- Fall armyworm identification – the moth
- Moth identification if using pheromone traps
- Male moth identification – male genitalia
- False armyworm (Leucania loreyi)
- Other caterpillars
- Molecular DNA diagnostics
- Useful resources
Hear everything you need to know about fall armyworm in Queensland from DAF entomologist Melina Miles. Listen to the full webinar or jump to your preferred section below.
- Fall armyworm – the essentials
- What you should be looking for in crops (sorghum and maize)
- What you should be looking for in other crops
- It will take some experience to confidently identify FAW larvae
- Look for natural enemy (beneficial) activity
- Thresholds: best bets until we have local experience
- Chemical control options (as at 13 March 2020)
- Things to consider when making decisions
- More information
- Last reviewed: 20 Mar 2020
- Last updated: 16 Apr 2020