Fall armyworm webinars
To share the latest information about fall armyworm in Queensland, several webinars have been created.
A number of webinars are planned for future months.
Listen to the full webinar on how to identify fall armyworm or jump to your preferred section using the links below.
- Fall armyworm identification
- Fall armyworm life cycle
- Fall armyworm larval identification
- Useful website for more information
- Seven Spodopiera species already in Australia
- Fall armyworm identification – the moth
- Moth identification if using pheromone traps
- Male moth identification – male genitalia
- False armyworm (Leucania loreyi)
- Other caterpillars
- Molecular DNA diagnostics
- Useful resources
Fall armyworm – surveillance and monitoring (Presenter: Rosalie Banks, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF))
Listen to the full webinar on surveillance and monitoring for fall armyworm in Queensland or jump to your preferred section below.
Hear everything you need to know about fall armyworm in Queensland from DAF entomologist Melina Miles. Listen to the full webinar or jump to your preferred section below.
- Fall armyworm – the essentials
- What you should be looking for in crops (sorghum and maize)
- What you should be looking for in other crops
- It will take some experience to confidently identify FAW larvae
- Look for natural enemy (beneficial) activity
- Thresholds: best bets until we have local experience
- Chemical control options (as at 13 March 2020)
- Things to consider when making decisions
- More information
- Last reviewed: 20 Mar 2020
- Last updated: 16 Apr 2020